Our ideal candidate is highly creative, energetic and deeply knowledgeable about the latest design trends and technologies.
DisneyNOW hits app stores as the one Disney app to rule them allJC Torres, SlashGear, October 2, 2017
Location Burbank, California, United States
Business Media Networks
Brand Disney ABC Television Group
As a Senior Interaction Designer on the Digital Media design team of the Disney ABC Television Group, I lead the design of the next generation apps, websites, and video experiences for the Disney “NOW” brand, on every device and screen. Our design team also supports ABC and Freeform.
Known as an expert in user interface and interaction design with a world class portfolio of experiences—from web and mobile, to television and beyond, I am responsible for rapid concepts, wireframing, information architectures, user flows, user testing, presenting and making strategy decisions, as well as leading, mentoring, and directing designers, and cross-functional design roles.
- Produce user scenarios and flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve ‘user experience’ designs
- Help develop, manage, and refine UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines
- Work with researcher department to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts
- Go deep on inputs and create an interaction design model that gracefully accommodates multi-user, multi-modal input across our experiences and contexts
- Effectively communicate with developers through implementation phase to realize vision
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around interaction design direction
I am well versed in designing high-profile, complex experiences for the web, mobile and television/over the top interfaces with experience working on a product teams and digital media agencies.
- Experience working with user testing and focus groups
- Has data driven mindset and ability to create user personas and test scenarios
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and UI best practices
- Self-motivated, problem solver with ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Expertise in responsive UI experiences
- Ability to design within brand guidelines and create guidelines as needed
- Strong work ethic, reliability, adaptability, and a team player
- All applicants should supply an online portfolio link with their applications
- Experience with UI experiences optimized for television
- Apple TV,
- Familiarity with the Disney/ABC brands and content
- Experience working on video distribution platforms
- Rapid prototyper for user testing
- Expert proficiency in Sketch
Launch 28 September 2017, press from 29 September 2017.
According to SlashGear, Disney seems to be closing rank as far as its digital entertainment goes…
The three Disney Channel-branded Watch apps have been downloaded more than 40 million times since they debuted in 2012, according to the company.
Making good on a promise to do so, Disney has combined three of its content-providing apps, consolidating Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior into DisneyNOW. — appleinsider.com
“The decision to consolidate our Disney Channel Watch’ apps into the new DisneyNow app was driven by what kids told us they want in a video experience,” Disney Channels’ Vice President of Digital Media for Disney Channels. Kimberly Hicks said to Variety. The new app “enables us to showcase great stories and characters, and bring the magic of Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior to their daily lives.”Kimberly Hicks, Vice President of Digital Media for Disney Channels
Disney merges its kid-friendly streaming options into a single app@mallorylocklear engadget
- Ubiquitous DisneyNOW is a cross-platform service currently available for iOS and Android mobile devices, Apple TV, Amazon Kindle and Roku players. Amazon Fire TV and Android TV, as well as online at www.disneynow.com. More platforms are coming soon.
- Personalized for By Your Family, For Your Family Each family member can create a profile and pick a Disney emoji avatar from a selection of more than 180 characters at launch. The profiles let individual household members resume watching a show where they left off or watch new episodes of their favorite shows.
- Games More than 60 games and activities including “DuckTales” adventure game “Duckburg Quest,” and Princess Elena of Avalor in “Flight of the Jaquins” to go with your favorite stories. New games are added monthly.
- Disney Channel Original Movies Only DisneyNOW features a wide range of Disney Channel Original Movies available to watch on-demand. Titles cycle monthly, and there’s plenty more to watch when you’re holed up with family for the holidays.
“Disney and Amazon just made watching children’s shows a lot easier” — Herb Scribner, Deseret News
According to Apple Insider, the app contains more than 60 games tailored to the streamed shows, select musical performances from Radio Disney, and a range of movies available to watch on demand. For authenticated users, DisneyNOW provides in-season stacking for current Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior series. Above and beyond Disney Channel programming, the company is expected to launch its own media streaming service. After late 2019, Disney’s upcoming streaming service will be the only place the public can stream Marvel and “Star Wars” titles, according to Disney CEO Bob Iger.
More info is available on the DisneyNOW website at disneynow.com.
About Disney Channels Worldwide
Disney Channels Worldwide is a global portfolio of 120 kid-driven, family-inclusive entertainment channels and/or channel feeds available in 162 countries/territories, in 34 languages. The platform brands are Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior, Disney Cinemagic, Disney Cinema, Hungama, Dlife and Radio Disney Networks. Disney Channel content is distributed through cable, satellite and digital terrestrial television channels, and via a strategic partnership with Disney Media Distribution to third-party broadcasters across the globe. In the U.S., fans can access full episodes on desktop, mobile and connected TV devices via Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior apps. Live, linear feeds and exclusive window programming are also available on these apps for viewers who sign in with a participating pay TV provider. Disney Channel properties continue to rapidly expand into new markets across the world, playing a key role in introducing the Disney brand to nearly 515 million viewers worldwide.
Google Search, Google, www.google.com/search?q=disneynow&newwindow=1&tbs=cdr:1,cd_min:9/28/2017,cd_max:12/1/2017&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAjILwhqXdAhUQDq0KHesrBAMQ_AUICigB&biw=1358&bih=780.
AppleInsider. “Trio of Disney Channel IPhone and IPad Apps Consolidate into Single DisneyNow App.” AppleInsider, AppleInsider, 28 Sept. 2017, appleinsider.com/articles/17/09/28/trio-of-disney-channel-iphone-and-ipad-apps-consolidate-into-single-disneynow-app.
Desk, TV News. “DisneyNOW Offers Full Episodes of Current Seasons, Next Day On-Demand & More.” Broadway World – #1 for Broadway Shows, Theatre, Entertainment, Tickets & More!, BroadwayWorld.com, 28 Sept. 2017, www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/DisneyNOW-Offers-Full-Episodes-of-Current-Seasons-Next-Day-On-Demand-More-20170928.
“DisneyNOW Is Now the One Disney App to Rule Them All.” SlashGear, SlashGear, 2 Oct. 2017, www.slashgear.com/disneynow-is-now-the-one-disney-app-to-rule-them-all-02502331/.
Scribner, Herb. “Disney and Amazon Just Made Watching Children’s Shows a Lot Easier.” DeseretNews.com, Deseret News, 28 Sept. 2017, www.deseretnews.com/article/865689884/Disney-and-Amazon-just-made-watching-childrens-shows-a-lot-easier.html.
Spangler, Todd. “Disney Unifies Kids’ Cable Channels in ‘DisneyNow’ App.” Variety, Variety, 29 Sept. 2017, variety.com/2017/digital/news/disneynow-launches-disney-channel-xd-disney-junior-1202575447/.